Saturday, October 10, 2009

KISSING ORION

By Amber Kell


When Aaron goes to talk to the vampire master, Orion, little does he know that he will soon find himself the mate to the powerful man.

EXCERPT
Shifting the weight of the box to his hip, the deliveryman impatiently banged on the side door with his fist trying not to lose his clipboard balanced on top.
With a groan the metal door opened and a handsome auburn-haired man peeked out. “What do you want, love?” He asked in a thick English accent.
“Blood delivery.”
Cool green eyes looked at him from head to toe before giving him a lusty grin. “You’re not the usual driver.”
He shrugged. “Guy was sick. I was called in. You gonna let me in or not. This box is heavy.”
“Sure come on in.” The man’s smile inferred the words could be taken any way the deliveryman wanted.
“If you could sign here.” He said, slamming down the clipboard with delivery paperwork back onto the box and sliding a pen out of his shirt pocket.
The bartender signed on the line but when the driver went to grab the clipboard back he kept a grip on to it. “How about a kiss love, or don’t they let cops do that on duty?”
To the bartender’s surprise the driver tipped back his head and laughed loudly and cheerfully. When he was done he gave the bartender a cheeky smile. “What tipped me off? I thought I was doing pretty well. Did a little delivery work in college.”
Smiling back the bartender leaned closer. “You smell too fucking good, mate. The bloke who usually delivers smells like three month old cigarettes.” He took a deep breath and the driver saw his fangs peeking through his gums. “On the other hand you smell like sugar and sunshine and look like a gay bloke’s best dream.”
The cop laughed again. “You sweet talker. I’m Detective Aaron Bradshaw, first precinct.” Aaron held out his hand to shake. “I told them you wouldn’t fall for it but I didn’t think it would be how I smelled that tripped me up. I’ll have to remember that. The delivery’s legit though. The rest of your blood is in the truck.”
“Banner Hawkins.” The bartender replied shaking Aaron’s hand longer than necessary before reluctantly letting it go. “I’ll help you unload if you tell me why the cops are trying to get inside the club.”
“I need to talk to your master. Rumor has it he might have the answers I need and he’s ignoring me through the usual channels. I hoped if I got inside some lovely man could help me out.” Aaron batted his eyelashes shamelessly at the bartender.
“I can think of a lot of ways of helping you out.” The bartender said with a smile, “starting with that kiss.”
Aaron couldn’t remember the last time a cute guy flirted with him. It felt good to be admired and he was more than a little tempted to give the man a kiss despite being on duty.
“The man came to talk to me.” A silky voice said behind him. “I believe that kiss is mine.”


AMBER KELL
Amber Kell is a dreamer who has been writing stories in her head for as long as she could remember. Website: http://amberkell.wordpress.com/

Note from Stormy: sometimes I come across a book and I just love it so much I have to share. If you want a good read, check this book out as well as Amber's other books. I have them all!!! And this book is on sale right now.

No comments: