Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year's Thoughts and Thanks

I saw the notice go up about the New Year theme day at M/M Romance Readers & Writers and it got me to thinking about how my last year went and the hopes I have for the next year. At this time last year, I was working in a job I absolutely hated. It was all I could do to get up in the morning and go to work. I was miserable, but it put food on the table and paid the bills.

This year, I'm still working, putting food on the table and paying my bills, but I'm living my dream job writing for a living. Does it get any better than this? Why yes...yes, it does...not only am I living my dream job, but also someone decided I could actually write. Who knew? LOL...it hasn't been easy. My family has had to make sacrifices so that I can get my foot in the door, so to speak, but here I am...

I'm 41,000 words into sequel number two of the Wolf Creek Pack, 24,600 words into Tri Omega Mates number 4. I work from home so that I can be here every day when my kids come home and I make my own hours (it's 3:15am right now). My family is very proud of me, but maybe not quite as proud as I am of myself. As scared as I was, I took the chance that someone somewhere might like the crazy stuff that comes out of my head.

I have a bunch of books coming out in the next three or four months and several more that I'm working on, including a new series called Warriors of Akasha. I've created sci-fi worlds with two moons, two entire werewolf cultures, and one horny chocolate eclair baker who falls in love with a doctor. I've dreamed up cat men, werewolves, and soldiers with paranormal abilities. My characters have fallen into love, out of love, and gone just plain crazy...all of this from the chaos of my own imagination and my laptop.

Does life get much better than this? Only if I win the lottery!

Thanks for everything you've all done to make this last year so wonderful for me. I've made a lot of friends, met a zillion people, and found an entire world filled with people that have great imaginations and even bigger hearts. Without your encouragement, I would still be working that horrible job and wishing I had the courage to follow my dreams.

So, as this new year dawns...I wish you and yours the very best that the new year has to bring.

Stormy

No comments: